Evolane NV, located at Prins Boudewijnlaan 43, 2650 Edegem Belgium, is responsible for the processing of personal data as described in this privacy statement.
At Evolane NV, we attach great importance to trust and open dialogue. Privacy is an essential part of this. Thanks to this privacy statement, in a transparent manner, we can provide you with more information about the collection, communication, transfer and use of the personal data you share with us, as well as provide more information regarding your rights.
This privacy statement applies to our website http://www.evolane.be and other websites addressed in point 10 of this privacy statement and all relations between Evolane NV and its customers, prospective customers, business partners, applicants and employees.
Evolane NV acts in accordance with the Belgian Privacy Act of 8 December 1992 and with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the EU privacy legislation that comes into force on 25 May 2018.
Visiting our website(s), contacting our organisation, providing your personal information for our newsletter and/or events and using our services demonstrates your approval of our privacy statement and thus the way in which we collect, process and use your personal data.
Please read this privacy statement thoroughly and contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of questions or complaints.
1. Types of personal data and company data collected by Evolane NV
- First and Last name
- Address information
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Date of birth*
- Job tile
- Company name and address
- Rates and payment details
- VAT number
- IP address***
- Additional information you provide to us via the contact and/or registration form on our website(s)
*Only applicable for applicants and employees
** Additional info in point 4 of this privacy statement
In addition, Evolane NV automatically collects anonymous website data such as number of website visitors, number of page visits, browser use, bounce percentage, etc. This is to acquire a broad picture of the surfing behaviour on our website(s). ***The IP addresses we collect in our analytic tool will not be used for user profiling or similar practices.
2. The way in which Evolane NV collects personal data
- The contact or registration form on the website(s)
- E-mail or telephone
- Quotations and contracts
- Own events
- External conferences and trade fairs
- Guest lectures at colleges and universities*
- Job fairs
- Business cards
- Subscriptions to the newsletter
- External platforms and partners
- Log in support centre
*Only applicable for applicants and employees
3. For what purpose and on what basis does Evolane NV collect and use personal data?
Evolane NV collects data for the following purposes:
- Compliance with and execution of contractual agreements
- The provision of services and notifications in the event of changes to our services
- The creation of quotations and invoicing
- Contract changes or extensions
- Creation of new collaborations
- Registration for events and the accompanying communication
- Sending out our newsletter
- Marketing-oriented communication
- Customer satisfaction questionnaires and surveys
- Optimisation of the quality of our website based on broad, anonymised surfing behaviour
- Anonymous statistical purposes
Evolane NV relies on the principles stipulated in the GDPR for lawful processing. These principles include: a contractual relationship, consent, a legal relationship, vital interest, public interest and legitimate interest.
For all communication regarding recruitment, the preparation of quotations, invoicing, services and contractual agreements such as altering or extending contracts, we rely on the contractual relationship.
When we engage in marketing-oriented communication, we rely on (1) consent or (2) legitimate interest to do so. After all, we have a legitimate interest in responding to the questions you have asked, which you entered in the free field of our contact form, or in responding to the comments you have formulated. We do our best to communicate openly and document this at all times by utilising a balance and necessity test.
4. Cookies and comparable techniques used by Evolane NV on its website(s)
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit a website. Evolane NV uses functional and analytical cookies to ensure its website(s) work(s) well and to monitor and analyse general surfing behaviour. Because we do not use tracking cookies, a cookie notification is sufficient when you visit our website for the first time and we do not require explicit permission.
We use Dynatrace cookies and Google Analytics cookies. Below you find a list of our cookies:
5. Your privacy rights
If you wish to appeal to your privacy rights as described below, please contact our Data Protection Officer in writing via email@example.com or via post, Evolane NV, Prins Boudewijnlaan 43, 2650 Edegem, with proof of your identity. We do our best to process and respond to your request within the legal deadline of thirty days from receipt of your request. If we are unable to respond within the aforementioned 30-day period, and wish to extend the deadline, or if we are not in the position to comply with your request, we will notify you accordingly.
Your privacy rights:
- Right of access to the personal data Evolane NV has on you, provided this does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. Right to correct your personal data.
- Right to your personal data being forgotten, if (i) the personal data is no longer necessary, (ii) you withdraw your consent (and there is no other ground for processing, e.g. contractual relationship), (iii) personal data have been processed unlawfully, or (iv) they must be maintained due to a legal obligation.
- Right to transfer your personal data if the processing is based on consent and is carried out via automated processes.
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data, if (i) the correctness of the personal data is disputed, (ii) the processing is unlawful, (iii) your personal data is no longer necessary, but is necessary to institute legal proceedings, or (iv) you object to the processing.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data if the ground for the processing is legitimate interest or is in the context of direct marketing.
- Right not to be subject to individual automated decisions.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (for Belgium: Data Protection Authority (Privacy Commission), Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels)
6. Disclosure of your personal data by Evolane NV to third parties
Because Evolane NV (1) is part of De Cronos Group NV and Contribute Group NV, (2) had partnerships with vendors*, Evolane NV will share your personal data with parties (1)(2 ) only when this is required for the establishment of collaboration, the fulfilment of contractual agreements and the provision of services, and only for the above-mentioned purposes.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the competent authorities in cases where Evolane NV is obliged to do so by law or in the context of legal proceedings
- if Evolane NV and all its assets are acquired by a third party
It may be that providing access to your personal information is required for legal purposes. In such a case, we will be compelled to comply with this. We may also share your personal data if this is necessary to protect the vital interests of another natural person.
In all other cases, we will not share, rent or sell your personal data to third parties, unless we have obtained your explicit and unambiguous consent for this and this is laid down in a data processing agreement with the third party in question.
*Dynatrace, Akamai, Atalassian
7. Retention period for personal data
Evolane NV will keep your personal data for the period necessary to achieve the goals described in point 3 of this privacy statement. Once these goals have been achieved, we will remove your personal data from our systems unless you wish to have it otherwise, or it must be legally justified.
If you withdraw your consent or object to the processing of your personal data, and such an objection is upheld, we will remove your personal data. We will, however, keep the personal data required to respect your preference for the future.
However, we are entitled to keep your personal data if this is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to establish a legal claim or to defend ourselves against such claim or for evidential purposes.
8. Measures to protect your personal data
Evolane NV takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised changes.
The data register of Evolane NV keeps track of what personal data we store, where it comes from and with whom we share it or have shared it. We endeavour to register all processing carried out. By fulfilling this documentation obligation, we ensure that we comply with the responsibility requirement from the GDPR and can prove that we act in accordance with its data protection principles.
We work according to Privacy by Design and Privacy by Default. This means that our organisation implements privacy measures from the first moment we develop a product or service and, if necessary, offer users the possibility of updating their data themselves. We provide a procedure to track, report and investigate personal data breaches. If needed, we immediately inform the data subject who is the subject of the data breach and report the breach to the Belgian Privacy Commission.
If you would like more information about our privacy measures and procedures, please contact our Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Other websites to which this privacy statement applies include
10. Contact, vragen of klachten?
If you have questions about the privacy statement or the way Evolane NV processes your personal data, please contact us via:
- Evolane NV, Prins Boudewijnlaan 43, 2650 Edegem, Belgium
11. Changes to the privacy statement
From time to time, we may make changes to this privacy statement, the most recent version of which can always be found on our website.